A tasty simple Dal Tadka to complement the veggies cooked.
Sometimes you just want a simple yet a tasty meal sans all the masalas/spices.
Today I bring to you a simple recipe of ‘Dal Tadka’ that won’t take up your time and resources.
No onions, no tomatoes, no ginger and no garlic… yet extremely palatable and mouthwatering
Toor Dal/Yellow Lentil/pigeon pea- 1cup
Salt- as per taste
olive oil/ghee- 1/2ysp
Black Mustard seeds
Red chilli powder
1. Add Haldi/turmeric and salt and boil the Toor Dal/Yellow Lentil/pigeon pea
2. Wait for the cooker to cool.
3. Heat the ghee/oil and add the tempering.
4. As the sputtering stops add Toor Dal/Yellow Lentil/pigeon pea
6. Stir properly and mix. (Add a little more sambhar powder if you want.)
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
- Enjoy hot with boiled rice, green onions, green chutney and green chili.
- Complement the dal tadka with bitter gourd/ladyfinger