Mini Florets Cauliflower
cooking time:15 min
In this fast-paced world, I’m yet to find someone who doesn’t like to eat healthy food!
Healthy food and light food is the way to ensure health.
Winter being the season for cauliflower today I bring to you a simple yet a healthy food recipe ‘Mini Florets Cauliflower’ that won’t take up your time and resources and will take less time to cook so you get more time to cuddle up in the blanket.
Red chilli powder
Salt- as per taste
mustard oil- 2/3tsp
Cauliflower- half kg
Potato (medium size)- two
Black Mustard seeds
1. Cut the Cauliflower flowerets horizontally into small sized pieces.
2. Cut potatoes the same size so that they cook at the same speed.
3. Add oil and let it heat.
4. Add asafoetida/hing, black mustard seeds and curry leaves in the tadka/tempering.
5. As the sputtering stops add cauliflower and potatoes, salt, haldi/turmeric and red chilli powder.
6. Stir properly and mix. Cover with lid and let it cook.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
8. Typically takes 15 mins to cook.
- Always add asafoetida/hing, it prevents bloating and gas that is typical of cauliflower.
- Always garnish with curry leaves. It prevents cancer and kills cancer cells in our body.
- Wash the cauliflower florets thoroughly under running water to ensure that no creepy crawly finds its way into your stomach.